A beautiful and unique alternative to painting, limewashing your interior walls or exterior sides is a modern way of enhancing your biggest investment. With little to maintenance that will last for decades, limewashing your home gives your home a natural, authentic look, unlike any painting process. Call the experts in limewashing at Mars Painting today for a free estimate.
Call for a FREE Quote
What Is Limewashing?
Limewash is a putty-like substance that is made from limestone that has been crushed, burned, and combined with water. Once the putty goes through an aging process, it is combined with water to thin the texture that has a matte look with a chalky texture. After the putty goes through an aging process, it is thinned with water to create a paint that has a mottled, matte look with a chalky texture. Similar to the look of whitewashing, limewashing will give your home a weathered, vintage look suitable for brick homes as it keeps the warmth of the brick exposed. Choose from a neutral color palette of curated whites, beiges, browns, and greys that will give you the antique patina you want.
Benefits of Limewashing
- Limewashing can be done for your interior or exterior
- Limewashing is hypoallergenic due to high pH levels
- Odor, moisture, fungal, and insect resistant
- Its putty, matte texture provides a layer of protection against exterior elements
- Limewashing can be removed up to (5) days after painting
- Limewashing is best suited for porous surfaces, such as brick, stone, and plaster
- With a mineral-based primer applied first, limewashing can be done to drywall
- Limewashing lasts for decades and will not peel, flake, or chip